cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Deleting old 3D when loading

TimCarter
1-Newbie

Deleting old 3D when loading

I just started using Personal Edition version 3.0 and noticed that the option to delete the old 3D model when loading, which was on version 2.0, is missing. Now, every time I load my model to continue working on it, it keeps re-naming the part, making my structure browser more complex every time. What gives?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

I don't think there is a difference when loading packages between PE 2.0 and PE 3.0.

Normally, Modeling PE does not delete the parts available in the session, when loading additional ones.

When you create a new session before loading, you get it all cleared.The new session icon is the first in the main menu bar.

Regards,

Hans-Georg

No, this is when I am opening a 3D file already created to continue working on it. In version 2.0, the was an option button (as there still is) on the Open window that said somthing like "Delete existing 3D model" with a checkbox. Now the option button has only a drop box to select the text encode. As a result, the parts are loaded on top of the old with new names; i.e. "p1" becomes "p1.1", etc.

Hi,

Started Modeling PE 2.0, opened the load option dialog, and try to find that option:

load_options.png

Hello,

one option can be found when trying to load the Bundle Files (*.bd2).

Since those files contains the Annotation Drawing as well as the 3D Data.

In such cases it might be useful to remove already exisiting 3D data - for example

to avoid sharing of parts being already in the session.

This might be the place to see this option - and it is available in PE 2.0 and 3.0.

cheers

Top Tags