cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Developed length in sheet metal

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member

Developed length in sheet metal

If I make a sheet metal wall with a flange wall or flat wall feature, I can override the bend's default developed length by going >Edit>"DEV.L".

If I want to change it back I can go >Edit>"DEV.L"> "Return to Driven" which sets the developed length back to the value set by the k_factor.

Trouble is, some of our people create the same geometry with a simple extruded surface (or copied geometry from a non sheet metal part) and then create the wall with the "Offset Wall" command. When they do this, it is also possible to override the developed length to be a specific value. BUT, it is not possible to return it to driven.

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this? I suspect not, but thought it would be worth a shot. Please don't ask why we are doing it this way... we have our reasons.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Hi Graham,

I know this is a pretty old thread, but I'm having the same issue. The only difference is that I created the features using the flat wall tool... and according to your post above, I should be able to re-connect the DEV.L by choosing "Return to Driven" in the edit menu. I'm on Creo 2.0... I don't see an edit menu.

Were you able to figure it out?

I should also mention that I'm pretty new to Creo (long time solidworks guy), and very new to Creo Sheetmetal.

Thanks for your help!

-Irv

Hi Irv,

The "Return to Driven" is available in the drop down list which is available when you edit (double click) the DEV.L dimension in edit mode.

We are checking the first question asked by Graham now.

Regards,

Yuri.

Oh ok, I see it now...

Thanks Yuri!

Hi Graham,

I didn't succeed to reproduce the problem on the geometry created using offset wall from extruded surface. The "Add bends on sharp edges" is defined by default. The DEV.L is available on those bends now and it is editable. However when I edit any of those DEV.L, the "Return to Driven" option is always available in the drop down list.

Could you please attach the model or clarify more about how to get to the problem you described?

I've checked it on Creo 2.0 M70.

Regards,

Yuri.

pdixit-2
6-Contributor
(To:GrahameWard)

Hi,

I did have the same issue when I created the sheetmetal part using the offset option and did not able to get the option Return to Driven in the Edit pull down menu. I did several attempts and finally I tried one of the below and it did worked fine.

Double clcik on the DEV.L dimension and type the word/copy paste"Return to Driven" (English) or "Zum gesteuerten Objekt zurück" (German) and hit enter then regenerate the model to get back to the defult DEV.L value.

Top Tags