cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Did creo get rid of the auto axis feature under the tool tab?

sstrehlow
5-Regular Member

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
15 REPLIES 15

Maybe a little more info...  When was the last time you saw this option and what did it do?

There is a config.pro option to place axes in extruded arcs.

sstrehlow
5-Regular Member
(To:TomD.inPDX)

I can't remember exactly, I want to say within the last year.  Every once in a while one of my programmers using pro-manufacturing would come to me and say we had a model that had no axis on it. I think we used it on models that were created in creo, but would have some holes created in a plate that used an assembly cut using a quilt to produce them, which would not put an axis in that hole in that specific hole in the plate.    I think we used it on step files also.  It would axis most holes, but the ones it wouldn't we would have to use the feature recognition tool to recreate the feature in order to get the axis.  Otherwise we have to go through and individually put an axis in each hole and that was a pain. It was located under the tool tab, way on the far right, after the utilities tab.  It was a tool sub-tab that when you clicked on it an auto axis feature would appear.  I just wonder if it is something that got taken out or lost in the version upgrades.  We are on Creo-2, the M180 version.  I didn't use it very often so that is why my memory of it is limited.  Most of the time our models have axis, but every once in a while we get one that doesn't and I have to help the programmers.  I hope this helps.

sstrehlow
5-Regular Member
(To:sstrehlow)

I can't remember exactly, I want to say within the last year.  Every once in a while one of my programmers using pro-manufacturing would come to me and say we had a model that had no axis on it.  I think it was on a native creo model that had holes created by using extrude instead of the hole tool.  It was located under the tool tab, way on the far right, after the utilities tab.  It was a tool tab that when you clicked on it an auto axis feature would appear.  I don't think it was used for import files because if those didn't have axis we would have to use the feature recognition tool to create the hole features which would put an axis in them.  I just wonder if it is something that got taken out or lost in the version upgrades.  We are on Creo-2, the M180 version.  I didn't use it very often so that is why my memory of it is limited.  Most of the time our models have axis, but every once in a while we get one that doesn't and I have to help the programmers.  I hope this helps.

I remember an option to show a cable path in either axes form or surface.  But that had nothing to do with hole axes.

What we do have is the option to place axes in arcs.  This is done in config.pro "show_axes_for_extr_arcs no*/yes"

Of course, any arc can have an axis applied to it in the case of imports.

I used Pro|E for a long time before Creo and the only axes removal tool was to turn them off or on or on with labels.

I used Wildfire for only a few months and never got use to it.

sstrehlow
5-Regular Member
(To:TomD.inPDX)

I swear I'm not loosing my mind.  It was there and now it is not.  We try to keep up on version upgrades, so maybe it was taken out of one of those.  We also have done some server upgrading at our place and maybe when we were reinstalling creo it was lost or deleted.  I wonder if it is some kind of add-on, or some kind of toolkit that needs to be in your hard drive with creo, eg: mks toolkit.  I guess I'm just throwing things out there now.  Thanks for the help.  Hopefully we can figure this out.creo ribbon.jpg

It was probably a toolkit item that was set to generate axes for cylindrical features. It's not part of Creo/WF/ProE.

If it was installed in a Creo install directory, that directory was likely deleted, removing the function. This has been a general warning about such installs that all customization will be lost if extra measures aren't taken to avoid it.

Hi,

if it was toolkit application then it was mentioned in config.pro file in protkdat option. Please check your config files ...

INFO: PTC updates its toolkit regularly. When you install Creo with updated toolkit, some toolkit applications stop working and must be recompiled using new toolkit version.

MH

Martin Hanák
sstrehlow
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

I wonder if that is what it was. What do you mean by recompiled?  Do we get toolkit version upgrades the same way as we get the normal creo version upgrades?  By downloading them from PTC website.  I'm unsure what you mean about the protkdat option.  Is that just something that needs to be turned on in the config file?  I feel like I didn't have to do anything with that in the past.  Thanks for the idea and hopefully this works. 

Hi,

recompiled application ... see infornation below

• customer (you) recognizes that current version of the application does not work with newly installed Creo version
  • customer (you) asks application vendor to create new application release compatible with newly installed Creo version
  • creator of the applications uses new toolkit version, compiles new release of the application and send it to customer

protkdat option is config.pro option, it allows Creo to start the application

MH

Martin Hanák
sstrehlow
5-Regular Member

So the toolkit is created by an outside vendor and not by PTC?  In your earlier response you said that PTC updates its toolkits regularly.  I'm hoping it is something we can get from PTC.  This is got to be what it is.  Thanks for the info.

Hi,

MH

Martin Hanák
sstrehlow
5-Regular Member

Do you get these toolkit updates in the same place that the creo versions updates are, or is it somewhere else? 

Hi,

Toolkit is present on Creo DVD media. Anybody can install it as part of Creo installation, but its usage is conditioned ... software developer can use Toolkit if his Creo license contains special developer module.

Note: Toolkit is used by software developers, only. Common Creo users do not use it.

MH

Martin Hanák
Jose_Costa
6-Contributor
(To:sstrehlow)

sstrehlow
5-Regular Member
(To:Jose_Costa)

This was exactly what I was looking for!  Thank you.  I actually feel kind of dumb, after I read the post link you sent I went and looked around our creo folder we have in our server and found that we had the auto axis toolkit all along.  That is why I said in earlier post the I remember using it and then it was gone.  I think when we did the version upgrades it was lost or someone went in and accidentally deleted it from the config.  It is a toolkit that has to be set up manually as an auxiliary application or have your config run it at start up.  Thanks again for the help.

Top Tags