cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Die form visability issue. Creo Parametric 5.0

Suremane25
4-Participant

Die form visability issue. Creo Parametric 5.0

I am making a garage door and am attempting to stamp impressions into the sheetmetal. The left die works just fine and is perfect to how I want it.

However, the right die currently IS stamped into the sheetmetal but when looking normal to the section you cannot see it.

Here it is oriented at a slight tilted angle. Notice its slightly visible but not really. It gets more crisp the of of an angle I rotate it (pulling bottom face out of the screen)

If I rotate it 180 deg the back is ultra crisp

I'm not sure what the issue is. I selected all of the surfaces that included the die itself. I used the same method for the left die that I did the right die, so is the issue possibly in the die itself? Both are STP files from our die maker that were imported in Creo. It is worth noting probably that for the left set of die I selected the "excluded die model surfaces" in the options tab of the die form, and selected the outermost rectangle which both sets of dies had BUT for the right die with the issue, it would not permit me to select any surface at all for the exclude surface option. It did allow me to select the die surface set (which it seemed to ignore because the rectangle border clearly still included in the impression on the right). The left die had no issue with me selecting the rectangle that bordered the die which is not seen because it was an excluded surface.

This is what makes me think it is possibly an issue with the die, not my method. But I am new to Creo and I am stumped and can't find much documentation on this so it very well could be my method. Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags