cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Different Simp Rep in different drawing sheet of part file

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

Different Simp Rep in different drawing sheet of part file

Hello

Getting confused with Simp Rep in drawing sheet. Below is the situation:

A.prt has representation as Test. Drawing is created for part A.prt. In first sheet, General view is created for master rep.

Now adding Test Rep for drawing sheet 1. Adding General view. Adding new sheet. Adding another general view. Now setting rep as Master into sheet 2. Going back to sheet 1 and coming back to sheet 2 again. Everywhere sheet 1 and 2 is showing Test as representation. Any thought on this would be helpful.

Feel free to ask for clarification.

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I do see some unexpected behavior with respect to the scale. Seems to be related to what rep was active when the sheet was made and not necessarily what was the first view added to the sheet. Maybe that is the expected behavior and my previous assumptions have been incorrect.

I was able to manually edit the scale in the title block to refer to the desired represenation using the session ID. I closed, erased and reopened and confirmed the scale was maintained as the desired result.

This is definitely not a preferred method since you have to manually check and verify the "correct" scale is shown on each sheet and if it is incorrect you would have to manually correct the session ID but it does seem to keep the scale correctly at that point.

Again, these are definitely not fully tested beliefs.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Just a guess here, don't look at the bottom of the screen to determine what rep a view is using. 

Go to view - properties - view states.

I did the same test and it seems to work okay for me. I even saved and erased and re-opened the drawing to verify and all reps were maintained as expected. I made it up to 4 sheets with both reps on 2 sheets and 1 each rep on the other 2 and everything was maintained correctly.

Hello

Thanks for this information... View does maintain representation... We are concerned about sheet model representation... This different representation changes scale of sheet 1 and hence title block also changes for scale value.

I *believe* the scale is driven by the first model/rep view added to the sheet.

You can have 2 different reps with 2 different scales but only the 1st one (or the active one when replacing the format) will control the sheet scale.

I *believe* you would have to manually maintain the scale of the 2nd view to keep it the same as the first one.

I haven't fully tested these "beliefs* so...

Scale of "SHEET" changes when I go from sheet 2 to sheet 1. Reason I could observe is that Active representation in sheet 1 is changed to TEST from Master Rep.

I do see some unexpected behavior with respect to the scale. Seems to be related to what rep was active when the sheet was made and not necessarily what was the first view added to the sheet. Maybe that is the expected behavior and my previous assumptions have been incorrect.

I was able to manually edit the scale in the title block to refer to the desired represenation using the session ID. I closed, erased and reopened and confirmed the scale was maintained as the desired result.

This is definitely not a preferred method since you have to manually check and verify the "correct" scale is shown on each sheet and if it is incorrect you would have to manually correct the session ID but it does seem to keep the scale correctly at that point.

Again, these are definitely not fully tested beliefs.

Appreciate your response.

Something to test I found and that is the session id with scale... Afik, we can use scale of each sheet as &scale. You mean to say we should use &scale::1 for example if session id is one I? How identify session id of each model's representation?

Your format will come in with &scale but it is always associated with a model once added to a drawing and the session ID will be added automatically. If you have different models/reps in the drawing, you will need to pay attention to the active model/rep when adding a sheet since that is the session ID that will be used for those variables in the format.

I dug thru some other posts and found this:

"Relations > Show > session ID is great of you want to know the session ID of a component, but not of much use if you know the session ID and need to find the component."

Brute force method, you can use:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Detailing-MBD-MBE/How-can-I-get-the-Session-ID-in-a-Repeat-Region/m-p/544880

Top Tags