cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Difficulty with FTC Kit of Parts and Creo

lschroeder
1-Newbie

Difficulty with FTC Kit of Parts and Creo

I mentor a FIRST FTC team. I am a beginner when it comes to Creo. We are using Creo Elements/Pro School edition on a Windows 7 laptop. I have downloaded the FTC 2011 KOP.

When I try to mate to elements of the kit of parts, I select the Placement tab, and attempt to select a face of one part to establish a constraint with another element. As soon as I select the face, my screen becomes filled with lines (see attached picture) and I am unable to continue. Any suggestions? I didn't have the problem when I used ProE on the same computer.

Thanks,

Lance

FTC Example.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

My High School age son had the answer for me:

To fix this go "Tools" => "Options". A window will open with various settings. Type "graphics" into the search bar at the bottom. Change the value from "openGL" to "win32_gdi". Click "Apply/Change". Search for "use_software_openGL". Change it to "yes". Click "Apply/Change".

Click "OK". Restart Creo. Problem should be fixed.

It worked!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

My High School age son had the answer for me:

To fix this go "Tools" => "Options". A window will open with various settings. Type "graphics" into the search bar at the bottom. Change the value from "openGL" to "win32_gdi". Click "Apply/Change". Search for "use_software_openGL". Change it to "yes". Click "Apply/Change".

Click "OK". Restart Creo. Problem should be fixed.

It worked!

Top Tags