cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Dimensions from family table parts listed in a drawing table

ptc-1701983
1-Newbie

Dimensions from family table parts listed in a drawing table

I have a generic part with four holes. The family table controls the dimensions for these holes in the instances. What I want to do is have the dimensions labelled on the drawing as A, B, C &c. for the parts and have the values in a table on that drawing with the part numbers in the first column. How can I get the dimensions of the instances into a table on a drawing of the generic part? Thanks.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Richard, Yoy need to make a simple 2d repeat region in your table create a table - repeat region - add. (I would start with 1 column and two rows - add more columns as you get things to work.) Double click the top or bottom row, depending on wether you want the table to go up or down - the empty cell is for the title. hit done, and double click the cell you created the repeat region in now select fam inst ptc_common_name name from the lists this will be your title. hit regen and it should populate with your family table names. add a new column and repeat region as before - this time you need fam inst param value. if you hit regen it should bring up all the numerical values in the family table. Now you need to add filters to show the values you need - the help menu show what to do there hope this gets you started-it's not very intuitive!

I know it's not intuitive from having a headache working out simple BOM tables in the past. Thanks. I have now got a table with all the varied dimensions listed indiscriminately down the right hand column, with multiple instances of the part numbers down the left to match up with them. So I need some help on the filters because I have no idea how to write a rule based filter and item is not possible because of the use of the family table. What I basically need is the family table as it appears in the family table dialogue box in the drawing, minus one column that happens to be an irrelevance for manufacture.

Lets say one of the dimensions is d23 Click table>repeat region>filters>add choose the column you would like to display the values in. The filter would be: fam.inst.param.name==d30
Top Tags