cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Directly copying sketch from one datum plane to another

ptc-6821618
1-Newbie

Directly copying sketch from one datum plane to another

I am more or less brand new to creo so this is probably super easy.

I am trying to copy/paste a sketch directly into place onto 2 offset X datum planes, however I am having a hard time getting them exactly into place. I have tried using an axis for reference but I cannot seem to make it work!

Important note, I need to be able to edit one of them, which I believe is not possible with patterning?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Copy your sketch. Paste->Paste special. Remove flag on dependent copy. Flag advanced reference. You only have to change base plane of sketch. Cattura.PNG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Copy your sketch. Paste->Paste special. Remove flag on dependent copy. Flag advanced reference. You only have to change base plane of sketch. Cattura.PNG

You can also save a sketch which sketching and "get data" the same sketch from the hard drive.

You can also make palette sketches if you plan to reuse a similar sketch often.

When copying any sketch, by whatever means, be sure to minimize your external references. It is best to only depend on a single x and y location where the rest of the sketch is self contained.

I am also in the habit of using locked dimensions. That makes sketches harder to distort accidentally.

Top Tags