cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Display/Delete Relations PropertyManager in creo?

Natem0613
7-Bedrock

Display/Delete Relations PropertyManager in creo?

In solidworks there is a Display/Delete Relations PropertyManager that will show all constraint for a selected line or point. Is there something similar in creo?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It looks like you don't have any relations defined in this particular sketch.
Also, judging by the initial post and your explanation, there might be a slight misunderstanding: relations in Creo are mathematical equations defined to drive dimension/parameter values.
Relations dialog box won't show constraints like "Tangent", "Perpendicular" "Equal Length" and so on, all those constraints are displayed next to entity they govern and I'm not familiar with any "Summary" view for such attributes.
So, if you look for any additional, mathematical expressions used to refine behavior of certain dimensions/parameters, Relations are the place to go. If you'd like to see a list of all geometrical constraints (like Tangent, Equal, Parallel), there is no such summary available, just constraints icons for any given sketch entity.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BHOoi
15-Moonstone
(To:Natem0613)

Hi, you can use "Tools/Relations"  to check for relations set in different levels, see below:

relation.jpg

Natem0613
7-Bedrock
(To:BHOoi)

Thanks BHOoi,

Do you know if there is a way to see all the constraints pertaining to a certain line in a sketch using that tool?

Thanks!

BHOoi
15-Moonstone

Yes. You can access the same menu while under sketch mode of that feature. It will show all the relations related to that sketch.
BHOoi
15-Moonstone

relations.jpg

Natem0613
7-Bedrock
(To:BHOoi)

I'm not sure why when I select relations it not showing any dimensions or sketch relations.

It looks like you don't have any relations defined in this particular sketch.
Also, judging by the initial post and your explanation, there might be a slight misunderstanding: relations in Creo are mathematical equations defined to drive dimension/parameter values.
Relations dialog box won't show constraints like "Tangent", "Perpendicular" "Equal Length" and so on, all those constraints are displayed next to entity they govern and I'm not familiar with any "Summary" view for such attributes.
So, if you look for any additional, mathematical expressions used to refine behavior of certain dimensions/parameters, Relations are the place to go. If you'd like to see a list of all geometrical constraints (like Tangent, Equal, Parallel), there is no such summary available, just constraints icons for any given sketch entity.

Ok, Yea I was hoping that there was a summary of the constraints controlling the line or point then have a way to delete all constraints so the line or point could move freely.

Thank you for the response!

Top Tags