cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Distance Measurement Output in Cartesian (X, Y, & Z)

nmalik
5-Regular Member

Distance Measurement Output in Cartesian (X, Y, & Z)

I would like to get the location of a point from a Coordinate System rather than a distance.

measurement.png

Is there a way to get the distance to PNT0 from ASM_DEF_CSYS in

1) the X direction?

2) the Y direction?

3) the Z direction?

Other than manually measuring each one every time I do this in a model? Even setting up an analysis feature does not give this info.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kevin
10-Marble
(To:nmalik)

Unselect the option for View Plane and you can then specify a coordinate system as the Projection Direction reference.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
James62
10-Marble

Creo Parametric 2.0 measurement tool can show you the X, Y and Z coords.

Seems like you are on Creo 1.0.

nmalik
5-Regular Member
(To:James62)

Yes, I should have mentioned that. I am using Creo 1.0 Parametric M020. Good to know that its available.

Kevin
10-Marble

Unselect the option for View Plane and you can then specify a coordinate system as the Projection Direction reference.

nmalik
5-Regular Member
(To:Kevin)

When I un-check View Plane then the Projection Direction field becomes available and the output in the box below doesn't change.

Kevin
10-Marble

You need to select a coordinate system for the projection reference, in your case the DEF_CSYS. You should then see the distance value, values for dx, dy, dz, the start point x, y, z locations and the end point x, y, z locations from the Projection reference coordinate system.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Kevin's right.

Top Tags