cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Dome feature

cdspk
1-Newbie

Dome feature

Re: the SW Dome feature - select a face, pull out a dome to a distance

Creo (2.0) doesn't have an exact match but what would you suggest as the nearest/quickest option.

I thought a blend could use a point as its final section?

Cheers,

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
cdspk
1-Newbie
(To:cdspk)

Thanks for Mikessuggestions for the Solid Freeform or the Style Surface Edit. You can also add the obscure Radius Dome feature.

The problem with all these sub div based feature is they are OK if you are deform a rectangular surface as the sub div grid conforms to the base surface boundaries, as soon as you have a curved or tapering boundary the original edges get pulled off the plane non uniformly rather than creating a simple domed 'cap'

Creo and SW features are in the attached image, SW maintains the original surace boundary, Creo maintains the extents of the rectangular grid

Hello Community:

I have an engineer that is pushing me back to pro/E's "font" and away from "ttf_font" because printing takes so long with "ttf_font". But "ttf_font" has a smaller aspect ratio and is thicker and easier to read. What is the answer here? Get a new printer that can handle "ttf_font"? Below are examples of each.
[cid:image003.jpg@01CE3AAA.67D6E130]

Wildfire 3
Windows 7

Thanks,

--Tom Carrington--
Rexair LLC
231-876-3932
-

This email and any attachments are confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you are not the intended recipients, please notify
the author by replying to this email message, and then delete all
copies of the email on the system. If you are not the intended
recipient, you must not disclose, distribute, copy, print or use
this email in any manner.

Email messages and attachments may contain viruses. Although we
take precautions to check for viruses, we make no assurances about
the absence of viruses. We accept no liability and suggest that
you carry out your own virus checks.
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:cdspk)

It's probably taking a long time because "stroke true type fonts" is on. If you turn that off it will print much faster. You will need to verify that everything still looks okay. Depending on the printing method you use, the true type font won't actually be sent to the printer and the printer may substitute its own font.

Tom U.

Tom and group,

I would recommend using ARIAL as a drawing font/text. It looks better than the default ProE/CREO fonts, but more importantly when creating a PDF file it will result in a PDF drawing that looks much closer to the original CAD drawing since the PDF creatoruses ARIAL as its font. Thus typically there won't be shifting of notes and text between file formats. To use Arial you will have to either copy the Arial font to the Pro/CREO text folder location and then restart Pro to get it to show in your drawing text properties dialog box OR in the config point to the Windows font folder to access Arial. My 2 cents

Mark A. Peterson
Design Engineer
Varel International

Top Tags