cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Draw stand-alone arrows and/or general coordinate axes?

dlim
4-Participant

Draw stand-alone arrows and/or general coordinate axes?

Hi Everyone,

i've searched far and wide, and i can't figure out how to either draw coordinate axes that project through a part (it's basically a long box, but i want to show the arrows in the X, Y and X directions protruding out of the part, or alternatively, i'd like to know how to just draw a plain closed arrow so i can i just manually label it X, Y, and Z. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!!

-dL

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:dlim)

Hi,

you are right. You have to create closed arrow by yourself.

If you want to create the arrow in 3D mode (Part, Assembly), then you can create Sketch feature. This feature can be included in start part/start assembly -OR- can be created when you need it (you can use previously saved .sec section or UDF feature).

If you want to create the arrow in 2D mode (Drawing), then you can create and use drawing symbol.

It  is up to you what method do you use.

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

what software do you use ? Also please attach some picture explaining your request.

MH

Martin Hanák
dlim
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi Martin,

Sorry, i'm a noob to the forum. i'm using Creo Essentials (Parametric) 2.0. Here's a screenshot of an example of the type of coordinate axes i'm trying to replicate. Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

dLCoord Axes1.png

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

I think you can create a Sketch feature containing sketched arrow and text (eg. + Y).

MH

Martin Hanák
dlim
4-Participant

Do you mean that i need to manually draw the arrow with the pointer (that is, draw three lines and group them)? i was hoping that there was a way to draw an arrow with a closed arrow head?

Thanks, Martin!

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

you are right. You have to create closed arrow by yourself.

If you want to create the arrow in 3D mode (Part, Assembly), then you can create Sketch feature. This feature can be included in start part/start assembly -OR- can be created when you need it (you can use previously saved .sec section or UDF feature).

If you want to create the arrow in 2D mode (Drawing), then you can create and use drawing symbol.

It  is up to you what method do you use.

MH

Martin Hanák
dlim
4-Participant

Thanks, Martin! Sorry, but i can't seem to find the drawing symbol in the 2D mode. Can you help direct me to find it? Thank you again!

StephenW
23-Emerald II

If your company uses Creo, you may already have a symbol. ANNOTATE tab, SYMBOL, then browse.

If not, use the attached symbol.

It has a group, one is filled arrow, the other is an outline arrow.

dlim
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

Awesome, Stephen! Thanks so much!!

dlim
4-Participant

Hi Stephen,

i've put in the arrow, but when i rotate it to the correct orientation, the text label rotates with it. Is there any way to stop that, or do i just remove the label and add in my own text later?

Thank you!

dan

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I never use it with the label. I always have another symbol that goes along with it.

You can redefine the symbol to your liking.

dlim
4-Participant

Thanks, Stephen!

Top Tags