cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Drawing Template with user inputs

ptc-5874108
1-Newbie

Drawing Template with user inputs

Hi, i would like to ask how can i create a drawing template with table, which is filled with user inputs everytime i open this template.

Not sure if you understand so i attached a file which i used with Inventor. I would like to work in Creo, but i need to make drawings as i need and can not get it right. Inventor handled this better i think.

Could you please dive me a hint how to do just the same template as i attached.

I need to get it work like this:

1. make model

2. new - drawing - use my template

3. after opening template table will pop up and asks me "Title?", "Datum?", ...and other stuff i use.

Sorry for my english, hope you understand everything.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:ptc-5874108)

I'm not sure if the template will do it, but the format will do it if you set parameters in your tables. So like if you are in format mode setting up your format, when you create a table and put &material and you also need a material parameter in the parameters. When you start the drawing using that format it will pop up and ask you for material. There are also some system parameters like &todays_date that will auto fill in the information.

I actually don't do this because I use 5-25 sheets in one DRW and every time you hit + to add a sheet it will ask again for the data. There is probably a better way, but currently I have not spent the time to work on it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Any ideas?

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:ptc-5874108)

I'm not sure if the template will do it, but the format will do it if you set parameters in your tables. So like if you are in format mode setting up your format, when you create a table and put &material and you also need a material parameter in the parameters. When you start the drawing using that format it will pop up and ask you for material. There are also some system parameters like &todays_date that will auto fill in the information.

I actually don't do this because I use 5-25 sheets in one DRW and every time you hit + to add a sheet it will ask again for the data. There is probably a better way, but currently I have not spent the time to work on it.

I know what you mean, but...when i used it as you said - as format, i was not able to edit those inputs again. It asked me at the start, but when i wanted to change something after that, i could not replace it.

Maybe if someone is able to do it and send it here as format or template...it would really help.

Ok, i figured it out somehow. Now i need to learn how to work with parameters and how use them.

Top Tags