cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Drawing View To Show Different Positions Represented By Hidden Lines in the same view.

adbarkcity
4-Participant

Drawing View To Show Different Positions Represented By Hidden Lines in the same view.

I have a sliding mechanisim and I want to dimention it on the drawing at it's maximum positions. How can I do this in the same view using hidden lines. For instance I want solid to represent the slide at half way position and hidden lines to represent fully open and fully closed positions.

1 REPLY 1

If it were me doing this, I'd try the following:

Assuming it's an assembly, add the sliding part into the assembly at the fully open and fully closed positions.

Add a family table to the assembly, with an instance that has columns for the two "extra" sliders.

In your drawing, use the "add model" functionality to add the new assembly with the three sliders.

Make the drawing view using the instance of the assembly that uses all three sliders, then change the "component display" for the two extras to be phantom transparent. Add the dimensions and you're done.

Another method might be to add a sketch in the assembly that shows the fully open and fully closed conditions just with geometry, but I don't know if you would be able to make the line style for the sketch behave as you wish on the drawing.

Top Tags