cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Drawing a torpedo in Creo Direct 6 Express

macman2000
1-Newbie

Drawing a torpedo in Creo Direct 6 Express

Hi,

I have been using Creo Direct Express for a while to make simple models for 3D printing. I have been a little stumped while trying to model a torpedo shape. The part that is causing me trouble is the parabolic or tapered curve at the back of the torpedo.

I have tried to attack it a couple of ways. First I made a cylinder and blended one end to get the bullet shaped nose of the torpedo. I then couldnt find a way to do the back. I got a taper to work, but the shape should actually be a curve not a straight taper.

I canned that idea and drew a 2D shape the way I wanted, ie semi circle at the front, parallel lines and then a mirrored arc at the back to approximate the right shape, then cut it in half. I presumed that I would be able to rotate this shape around an axis to make a 3d shape, but couldn't find a way to do it.

This should be dead simple, I am probably trying to overcomplicate it. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Sorry just worked it out by doing a 2D and then an angular PULL with an angle of 360 degrees.

Matt

Top Tags