cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Drawing notes

JAK
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

Drawing notes

In drawing,One drawing notes i created...If i change parameters, drawing notes to be hide or change via pro program or any other possibility is there?

12 REPLIES 12
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:JAK)

Hi,

go to Creo Help and look for Drawing Program.

MH

Martin Hanák
JAK
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

Thank you

Martin, is it also possible to move views with Relations/ drawing program?

the problem is that when i change the basic dimensions, the scale also changes (i already have a sort-of a relation, when the view is alone on a drawing) and the view runs away from the drawing.

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:rmcboaty)

Try fixing the origin to something else other than the center.

See "Origin" -> "On item" under the drawing view properties dialog box.

rmcboaty
7-Bedrock
(To:Chris3)

meh, that could be problematic, since features change a lot. center is the best way imo.

i have another question:

i would like to suppress dimensions acc to predefined parameters (if the hole is through, there is no need to have a dim for depth), but the problem is, that the drawing program wants to have a name of the part as an input. what happens when i rename the entire asm (we have asm templates with standardised names, after which we rename them to the current product "number" that we define for it).

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:rmcboaty)

You don't have to pick a feature. You could pick a datum or cys for instance who's position was driven by a relation.

Hi,

I am sorry I don't know whether it is possible to move view by Drawing Program.

MH

Martin Hanák

thanks.

are you perhaps familiar with drawing_scale_factor relation?

it it possible for it to somehow work on only one sheet if you have a multi-sheet drawing?

it is possible to solve it with j-link (manually setting the scale) but i would like to avoid that since i don't know it.

regards.

mender
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

Yes, you can move views in Drawing Program.

drawing_scale_factor is universal, and not suitable to multi-sheet drawings with a variety of intended scaling factors.

rmcboaty
7-Bedrock
(To:mender)

but can you move them to a position, defined by a relation? how?

i have a broken view, composed of three views (because it's a torus) and i would like to move the entire thing to the center of the drawing (hor) and to the top (vert).

or do you do the relation in the drw/program itself?

too bad about the scale factor, i guess i'll have to learn java.

sorry to bother martin, but  another question

i would like to suppress dimensions acc to predefined parameters (if the hole is through, there is no need to have a dim for depth), but the problem is, that the drawing program wants to have a name of the part as an input. what happens when i rename the entire asm (we have asm templates with standardised names, after which we rename them to the current product "number" that we define for it).

Robert,

for me it is difficult to answer such question, because it is "data dependent" and I do not have your data available. In future it would be better if you prepare and upload some testing Creo data and ask community "How to solve this specific problem ...".

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags