cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Drawing section issue

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Drawing section issue

Hi all,

i created a series of master models & drawings in Wildfire 3. For 3 or 4 years now, i have happily worked with these masters without issue, until now. I up-graded to Creo 1 & then very quickly to 2 back end of last year. Now i encounter a problem almost every time i create a new cross section. What appears to happen when i create a new cross section, is that any existing offset cross sections screw up. I see a message flash up that 'pre-existing cross sections will be converted to new format', then i see then appear in the model tree. Then if i go to my drawing i find that something has happened to the existing cross section view, any dimensions associated with that view have moved, usually from the right side of the part to the left side. Also, the section arrows screw up, moving again, & acting very strange indeed, when you attempt to move them back to where they were originally placed. I just don't get it. This i starting to cause real concern, it is costing me time, time i usually don't have, fixing drawings that were perfectly ok. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

There were several issues with Creo 1.0 related to cross section issues. I am not sure they were ever fully resolved in 1.0. Do you have the option of upgrading to 2.0?

Hi Antonius,

its Creo 2 i am using. I did some further investigation with this, & what appears to be happening is that the viewing direction (or which side of cross section to keep) flips, which in turn alters the drawing view, moving all my neatly placed dimensions all over the place. I re-define the cross section, & flip the section arrows back, but i still have a screwed up drawing, with section arrows that behave in the most peculiar way when you try to move them. This is a most annoying issue, that is costing me time with every job i do.

Regards

John

I have on several occasions needed to flip the section when created in the model to correct some issues of missing elements. You might try that also instead of flipping the arrows.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:TomD.inPDX)

But it would be a pain if for some reason things are changing just because of a upgrade in software.

There is only one thing worse that cleaning up cross sections and that is having to fix exploded views.

John, have you contacted support to file a complaint about this? There must have been more issues with this. You might find that PTC has a batch tool to correct this prior to opening the old files. Certainly worth a try.

Hi Antonius,

i found some time Friday, & i re-defined my master models & drawings, so now the cross sections are to the latest Creo format. Hopefully i won't have any more issues with this. I did not report it to PTC.

John

Top Tags