cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Drop test simulation - Mechanism damping

ghorvath
1-Newbie

Drop test simulation - Mechanism damping

Hi PTC Fellows,

I need help for my Mechanism simulations. I'm working on a drop test analysis. This means the impacts between the granite/concrete/steel blocks and danamid/aluminium specimens. Creo needs to know the mechanism damping [sec/mm] for both materials. (3D contact as constrain)

Can anybody help me? How can I determined this parameters? Measurement (3db bandwidth or logarithmic decrement method)? Is there a summary table for several materials?

Thanks for the helping

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hello Denis,

Thanks for your answer.

The second link was helpful, but I'm looking for a table which included the correct parameters. I found on the internet a study about the dampings:

http://teaching.ust.hk/~mech300/mech300_7_1_damping_ref.pdf

But I'm not sure which damping needs me. (viscous damping ratio, material damping, loss factor, etc) First of all I have to clarify it.

I tried the 0.008 for the concrete block and 0.001 for aluminium specimen but the result of the simulation does not seem real. The local PTC support said me that I need to "iterate" these parameters based on the experience of the test.

Regards, Gyorgy

DenisJaunin
15-Moonstone
(To:ghorvath)

Hello, Gyorgy,

I have a paper on the subject, but in French, if you do not dérenge.

Cordially.

Denis.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4vx7st

Top Tags