cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Edge & Shade Quality

ptc-50033
1-Newbie

Edge & Shade Quality

Does anyone know if there's a part specific option or setting that affects the quality of the edge lines & shading? I have two similar sized small simple cylindrical parts (Ø8), in the same session of Pro/E, one has round edges where you'd expect them, the other part is very faceted. Changing the Edge Quality in the Model Display dialogue box makes very little difference to the one with round edges but a big improvement to the faceted part. Just wondered if anyone had come across this and if there is a setting that I’ve never come across in the last 14 yrs of using Pro/E!!!

Ian

WF4 M160 Win XP64

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
A.DelNegro
4-Participant
(To:ptc-50033)

View>display settings>model display

Then Click on the shade tab and then change the quality number (10 is best, but takes some processing power). I created a mapkey to do this if you want me to send it to you...

Tony

TimMcLellan
6-Contributor

Ian,

Set the config option for: edge_display_quality very_high

This will clear up most of your issues, after which you can play with the
option Tony mentioned to improve shade reflections and appearance.

The options for this config are: low, medium (default), high and very_high.

P.S. btw performance and appearance does seem much better in Creo 2.

Tim McLellan
Mobius Innovation and Development, Inc.
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite

On 06/21/12 10:52, Ian Kimberley wrote:
>
> Dear All,
>
> Does anyone know if there's a part specific option or setting that affects the quality of the edge
> lines & shading?
>
config.pro options that you can use to set your default different than the ootb default:
edge_display_quality
and
shade_quality

> I have two similar sized small simple cylindrical parts (Ø8), in the same session of Pro/E, one
> has round edges where you'd expect them, the other part is very faceted. Changing the Edge
> Quality in the Model Display dialogue box makes very little difference to the one with round edges
> but a big improvement to the faceted part. Just wondered if anyone had come across this and if
> there is a setting that I've never come across in the last 14 yrs of using Pro/E!!!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ian
>
> WF4 M160 Win XP64
>
>
> -----End Original Message-----

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Randy Jones
Systems Administrator
Great Plains Mfg., Inc.
1525 E North St
PO Box 5060
Salina, KS USA 67401
email: -
Phone: 785-823-3276
Fax: 785-667-2695
------------------------------------------------------------------------

All,

Turns out to be Part Accuracy. The round one was using Relative Accuracy & the faceted one Absolute Accuracy. Changing this to Relativegave an immediate improvement. Also changing it to a smaller absolute value improved it.

Ian

Top Tags