cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Edit the default weld symbol to move sequence to variable text

jellis
11-Garnet

Edit the default weld symbol to move sequence to variable text

With the inclusion of the welding module we have found that there is no editing possible for the OOTB weld symbols to remove the sequence note from the symbol tail. When we contacted tech support with a case we were told this was intended functionality. The actual squence numbers assigned could vary from the actual production process and many times do.

Prior to the Weld module our weld symbols were 2D symbols on the drawing. Now that we are trying to use the application to have welds in the model we have had to put the model weld annotation features on a layer to hide then duplicate the effort by adding the 2D symbols to the drawing.

We did consider creating the custom weld symbol but that would require regular maintenance and testing with every Creo upgrade.

We would request that Creo product management take the initiative here and edit the ootb symbol to add the sequence as variable text.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:jellis)

You might make this an Idea instead.

jellis
11-Garnet

Thank you Antonius.

The history behind this topic led me here. I actually raised this topic with Don Breda and Paul Sagar at the TC meetings this past June. Subsequent follow ups with our TSAM resultied in a request by product management for me to create an article. I was provided a link to the community site and created the article. I guess they want to gauge the response to prioritize.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

There is a lot that could be done to help make weld symbols have better functionality.

tsheehan
6-Contributor

Jim, I provided the wrong link.  I apologize  Here is the link to the correct form.  http://communities.ptc.com/community/create-idea!input.jspa?container=2023&containerType=14

jellis
11-Garnet

OK. It is now a Product Idea.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Now life makes sense again

Top Tags