cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Element/Direct Model Manager GUI Language Change

ptc-5244801
1-Newbie

Element/Direct Model Manager GUI Language Change

Hello guys,

I understand it may not be the proper place to post this question regarding Element/Direct Model Manager, but I have to since there is no place for Element/Direct (OSD).

My issue is I cannot find a way to change the GUI language of Element/Direct Model Manager (the Database programe, not the CAD program) from Chinese to English, unless I change the "Language for non-Unicode programs" setting to English in Windows's Region and Language configuration. If I go this way, all the Chinese programs will show in messed codes, that I cannot figure out which is which. Therefore, I'm trying to find an alternated method to configure Model Manager to be seen in English without changing the OS setting. Maybe a starter script or adding a line in registry? I don't have a clue. Would it possible that anyone can help me no this matter? Thank you in advance.

My configuration is:

Element/Direct Modeling (x64) Revision 18.1 (ME010) - shown in English

Element/Direct Model Manager Revision 18.1 (ME010) - shown in Chinese

OS - Windows 7 Pro (x64) English version - non-Unicode program setting: Chinese.

Regards,

Jin

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

The first thing that comes to mind is to run it in a virtual machine or dedicate a machine to English, or dual boot, in order of convenience of use.

Hi David,

Thanks for your quick response. Yes, maybe it is the way to have a virtual program installed. But I doubt if my IT administrator is willing to do so on a business computer. I will ask him. Thank you anyway!

Regards,

Top Tags