cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Entering sketch mode on previously generated part

ptc-3074892
1-Newbie

Entering sketch mode on previously generated part

Right clicking on the extruded sketch in the tree - yellow dimensions come up that you can edit, but you are not in sketch mode where you can add dimensions. How is this accessed on an existing part?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

if u are selecting the feature then right mouse clicking and selecting edit, all u will get will be the dimensions used to create that feature in sketcher mode. if u use the same picks except select edit difinition, then that will redirect u into sketcher mode where u can change the sketch, add delete or change dimensioning scheme etc etc etc
cdiaz-2
11-Garnet
(To:cdiaz-2)

u can also select the feature directly from the 3d model and right mouse click and select edit or edit definition depending on what u want to do. good luck

Thanks Carlos, however, edit definition takes me into where I can edit the extrude thickness. I need to get into the sketcher mode for the part to add dimensions. Edit and edit definition are the only 2 choices in the menu. Is there a way to get to the sketcher from edit definition after it takes you to where you modify the extrusion thickness?

Right mouse click>Edit Internal Sketch or select the Placement tab and select Edit next to the sketch.

If you're using internal sketches (like we do), then first expanding the feature (click the + next to it in the tree) and then selecting Edit Definition on the sketch itself will take you straight into the sketcher. Note that you should start without having the feature selected, otherwise it takes you into the feature. Can save a click or two.

kevin n jonathan nailed it on the head, i assumed u knew u had to hit the placement then edit. i should of specified.

Ok, great it worked. Thanks guys.

I have made this mapkey to go directly to the sketch.

Just highlite the feature or pick in model tree and press F3 button.

mapkey $F3 @MAPKEY_LABELDEFINITION;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`1 `Edit`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `Edit.pshRedefine`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `chkbn.revolve_1_placement.0`1 ;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Trigger `revolve_1_placement.0.0` `PH.axis_select_list` `0`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Trigger `revolve_1_placement.0.0` `PH.axis_select_list` ``;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `revolve_1_placement.0.0` `PH.Sketch`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `chkbn.extrev_1_placement.0`1 ;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `extrev_1_placement.0.0` `PH.Sketch`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `Odui_Dlg_01` `stdbtn_3`;~ Activate `Odui_Dlg_00` `stdbtn_3`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ RButtonArm `main_dlg_cur` `PHTLeft.AssyTree` `node34`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ PopupOver `main_dlg_cur` `ActionMenu`1 `PHTLeft.AssyTree`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Open `main_dlg_cur` `ActionMenu`;~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `ActionMenu`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `Redefine`;#SECTION;#DONE;#SKETCH;

Just put this mapkey in your local config.pro Works in wf3

Top Tags