cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Error in placement, which gives error in Pattern. But patteren is first

Siege_engineer
6-Contributor

Error in placement, which gives error in Pattern. But patteren is first

Hello,

I have a question regarding placement of features and patterns. When for example, in a assembly have a 1 pattern with holes. I use the pattern to place multiple bolt by pattern - reference.  Then when I change the hole pattern, I get a error message in the assembly containing the bolts saying the pattern is wrong. But in actuality the placement is wrong. As the hole that contained the first addition of the pattern as being removed.

What is the best practice to use bolt patterns and holes?

Why does Creo not first handle the placement and then the pattern? Is this a feature to be added or is it not possible?

Kind regards,

Siege_engineer

3 REPLIES 3

When placing a bolt in a patterned hole, I find it is best to pick the original hole of the pattern to ensure the bolt will pattern correctly.  Finding it can be a bit of a trick. However, showing the axes you can find the lowest axis number in the pattern, hence the original.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Siege_engineer
6-Contributor
(To:kdirth)

And what if you want to delete the orginal hole? Do you first delete the pattern?

Deleting the original hole will delete the pattern and all references in used in assemblies.  Deleting the pattern will break the reference pattern at the assembly level.  If the pattern is still needed and the original hole needs to be removed, I would suggest moving the original hole to replace one of the other holes to maintain the relationships created in the assembly.

If a 10 hole pattern is changed to an 8 hole pattern, the assembly will update any reference hardware.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags