cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

FAMILY TABLE IN MIRROR PART

gvora
6-Contributor

FAMILY TABLE IN MIRROR PART

Does anybody know how to include the family table in mirroring the par?

Thanks.

Gautam Vora.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Gautam...

Can you explain this question more? If you want to simply include the mirror feature in the table, that can be done easily. But I don't think I'm understanding your question correctly. Do you have a screenshot to share or some additional information?

Thanks!

-Brian

kerzen
5-Regular Member
(To:gvora)

Hi Gautam.

It is not strait solution but I did managed to do it.

1.) Create mirrored part ..FILE...MIRROR PART as MIRROR GEOMETRY WITH FEATURES

2.) EXPORT family table as PRO/TABLE file

3.) in mirrored part create at least one instance and then import that table

4.) change the name of instances to avoid duplicate names

5.) Note that family tables are not connected...if you will change any value in original file there will be no change in mirrored part instances geometry but you can edit it by your self or just repeat steps from exporting family table to importing it into mirrored parts family table.Apparently names of dimensions are the same that's why importing of the family table works.

I hope I was clear enough and that I vas helpful

Best Regards

Klemen

mtomala
3-Visitor
(To:gvora)

Hi, someone try this?

I have problems with this, when I try import instances I have issue:

"Invalid name or format found in instance..."

Maybe I don't understand this well? Step no.2 EXPORT family table but where was she create?

M.

Top Tags