cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Family Table Instances Showing in Folder

Drew
7-Bedrock

Family Table Instances Showing in Folder

PLEASE SEE ATTACHMENT FOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING

I have created the following family table in Creo 4.0, M030:

All is working fine except the location of where I am storing it. All instances are showing in the folder. How do I get only the generic to show?

The following photograph is what shows when I am opening the file in Creo:

As you can see, all instances are showing.

In the “windows” folder, only one .prt is showing”

Other parts that have family tables (ones that I did not create as this is my first) show only one part when opening in Creo in the folder and does not show all the instances.   Please assist as I am not sure if all the parts should show.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Drew)

Hi,

look into “windows” folder and located file directoryname.idx. This file contains instance name list (open it in Notepad to see the list). If you remove the file, Creo File Open dialog will not contain instance names.

If you add following option into config.pro, Creo will ignore .idx file contents.

menu_show_instances   no

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

In the Creo File Open view, you will see all instances by default, unless you select the Tools drop down and uncheck Show Instances. Then only the generic file(s) will show.

In the Windows folder, you will only see 1 file, as all instances are contained in that single generic file.

Not sure how you are seeing some instances but not others in the File-Open view. It is an all or none toggle check.

Drew
7-Bedrock
(To:BenLoosli)

Thank you for commenting

I changed the config options "menu_show_instances" to no and that fixed the issue.

Thanks again!

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

look into “windows” folder and located file directoryname.idx. This file contains instance name list (open it in Notepad to see the list). If you remove the file, Creo File Open dialog will not contain instance names.

If you add following option into config.pro, Creo will ignore .idx file contents.

menu_show_instances   no

Martin Hanák
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

You can use config menu_show_instances, that will set default value. OR for specific Open dialog, you can use Tools> All Instances in Open dialog box. 

Top Tags