cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Family Table Repeat Region...

pdkoren
1-Newbie

Family Table Repeat Region...

Is there a way to create a repeat region on a drawing of a part with a family table and NOT have it display all the rows of the family table? I was given a work around where you create a seperate repeat region for each row of the family table and then create a filter to set the value to the family table row name. Sure seems like there should be a way to do this DIRECTLY just by entering the right, specific coding into a multirow repeat region to have it display correctly. Anyone know how to do this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Paul,

Attached a repeat region for a generic part which can be filtered on instance names (rows) and on parameter names (columns)

Take this Family Table:

With the attached repeat region you can create the following table on a drawing

By adding these filters:

Kind regards,

Olaf Corten

Olaf Corten | CAD/PLM Manager

Besi Netherlands B.V. | Ratio 6| 6921RW Duiven| The Netherlands
T: +31 26 3196215 | M: +31 644548554
- | www.besi.com

To: -
Date: 10-07-2014 17:24
Subject: [proecad] - Family Table Repeat Region...

Is there a way to create a repeat region on a drawing of a part with a family table and NOT have it display all the rows of the family table? I was given a work around where you create a seperate repeat region for each row of the family table and then create a filter to set the value to the family table row name. Sure seems like there should be a way to do this DIRECTLY just by entering the right, specific coding into a multirow repeat region to have it display correctly. Anyone know how to do this?

Site Links: View post online View mailing list online Start new thread via email Unsubscribe from this mailing list Manage your subscription

Use of this email content is governed by the terms of service at:

That sounds really "messed up", it's actually fairly simple and is covered in Help. Unless they improved upon the topic it isn't too clear without a little reasoning or effort. If I recall correctly you create the 2D Repeat Region and then write a filter listing either the familytable columns you don't want displayed, or possibly the ones youdo want displayed, seperated by a coma. It's been a little while since I worked on one. It's actually pretty straight forward once you get the logic.

Top Tags