cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Family Table Suppressed Feature Regeneration

imoldes
8-Gravel

Family Table Suppressed Feature Regeneration

Hello.

I have a Family table in a part. The part has several parameters related to features dimensions, and some of the features are suppressed in the Generic but shown in the Instance and vice versa. The problem that I'm having is that if I change the dimensions of a feature in the Instance (Suppressed in the Generic) the parameters are not being updated in the Generic. The only way I know to do this is to open the Generic, resume all the features that changed, regenerate and the suppress them again. Is there a way to update the parameters or the features that are suppressed in the Generic based on the changes done in the Instance?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you all for your replies.

I don't know why, but unfortunately nothing worked working in the Generic, the suppressed features didn't regenerate...

I found a way to achieve what I wanted:

1. Assemble the Instance and Generic and hide the one I don't need.

2. Add in the Relations windows all the required params. from the generic (with its session ID) and set them equal to the dims. from the Instance (with the session ID of the Instance)

With this procedure I always get the updated values from the Instance in the generic.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:imoldes)

The generic should never be used as a component, so you should leave all features turned on for that file.

Put columns in your family table for the features you want to turn off and on for the various instances.

Instances should never drive the generic! The generic is the master that controls features and values for the instances.

dschenken
21-Topaz I

What version of software are you using? Changes to the instances should always be reflected in the Generic or the Family Table.

I am not sure what you mean by 'parameters.' Are you changing dimensional values in the instances that are also in the family table and you think they aren't changing or are there other parameters?

Typically, if one makes changes to the family table it is required to Verify the family table to push those changes to the Instances. If you make a change to an instance that affects other instances you may also have to use Verify on the Generic family table.

Thank you all for your reply.

I'm working in CREO 2.0 M230.

This is the case: I work with Pro/PROGRAM, when I run it the dimensions change based on my answers, and some dimensions are in features that are suppressed in the Generic but shown in the instance; in the instances the features change with the dimensions I answered, I have some reference dimensions in those features so they change as well, and in Relations I have parameters related to those ref. dimensions. The problem I'm having is that those ref. dims. are not updating in the Generic, so the parameters are not correct at the end. One solution that I found is that if I edit definition one of those features in the instance and press the green check immediately, all the features are automatically updated in the Generic and works fine, but I'm kind of scared about the damages I could make if I forget to do that, maybe there is a way to update them automatically.

NOTE: I understand what Ben Loosli said, and I know that's the way to go, unfortunately these Family Tables are already done that way; change them is a humongous task, I would prefer to find a solution to this problem.

Thank you.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

At the bottom of the Pro/program, do you have a regen before returning to Creo?

Having a verify FT command from within Pro/program would be nice.

Hi Ben.

Is it possible to do? Didn't know that, can you explain me how?

Thank you.

dschenken
21-Topaz I

Family tables are usually used when you already know all the configurations and Pro/Program is used when you don't. On top of that you are further customizing the instances by hand, so there is wonder that it doesn't work smoothly.

Verifying the Family table before saving the Generic should regenerate all the instances and all the features.

It may be useful to put some or all of the Relations in the Post-Regeneration section; evaluated after all the features are regenerated. They normally are ahead of them and won't update until a second regeneration. It depends on what the Parameters are being used for, but it they are for information and not to drive features, then Post-Regeneratation is the better place.

Thank you all for your replies.

I don't know why, but unfortunately nothing worked working in the Generic, the suppressed features didn't regenerate...

I found a way to achieve what I wanted:

1. Assemble the Instance and Generic and hide the one I don't need.

2. Add in the Relations windows all the required params. from the generic (with its session ID) and set them equal to the dims. from the Instance (with the session ID of the Instance)

With this procedure I always get the updated values from the Instance in the generic.

Thank you.

Top Tags