cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Family table + filter

ddelarue
1-Newbie

Family table + filter

Hi,

I read here it is possible to filter the content of a table drawing but I do not manage to make it to work.

http://communities.ptc.com/message/13301#13301

I have created my 2-D repeat region, I have the parameters... the table is complete. I am intrested in both:

- filter / remove the generic from the liste

- filter / remove some components (the family is done in an asm)

I tried to do a new filter rule like "fam.inst.param.name==M174" but it says "error detected" and I do not know why...

Thanks for your help

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

I saw this:
http://www.ptc.com/cs/cs_26/howto/dwt_no2d/dwt_no2d.htm

Unless somebody give me a better answer I will have to di it so. But then...
I have an asm A containing sub asm 01 and 02.
The family is on 01.
How to have a table drw on the drawing of A, refering to the family wich is a sub-level=

I solved this problem with the "complete table" by copy/paste from the A drawing... but I wonder how to create it directly.

Hi Delphine...

To pull components of a subassembly on your upper level assembly, you need to set your repeat region to be recursive. However, this can have unintended side effects of bringing up multiple levels of parts from your subassemblies.

It's possible to add filters to your repeat regions ... but it's also possible to filter out items from the table by selecting them and excluding them from the table.

If you're still struggling with this problem, please write back. I was off the grid for a few weeks and your question slipped by without me noticing. I'll be glad to work with you if you're still stuck.

Take care...

-Brian

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your help!

- I manage to sort my colomns the way I wanted (sort region - NO default - swap colomns in the family) --> me = happy ! (I really dislike the solution with 1D regions)

- I still do not know how to filter out the generic row... The row where you see the parameter name is necesary to build the 2D region, but I do not want to actually SEE it. So far I changed the text size to 0, any better way !?

- "filter item" does not work in a 2D region (at least not on wf5). Should I use a rule-filter? Then, what to write?

- Concerning the recursive... I never done this and I do not really know what it is. Could be intresting to look at, would you have some nice link?
It seems to work by doing the table on the drawing at the family level, and then just copy/paste on the upper level drawing. Can you confirm? or should I expect some futur problems?

BR
Delphine

Hi,

Havt got so much help, but if somebody look at this I will put what I figured out...

Filters are working fine when they are written correctly!

For exemple:

&fam.inst.param.name == toto

or

&fam.inst.param.name != titi

And here I mean: do not forget to start with "&" !!!

Hope this will help somebody...

Top Tags