cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Fast exit from Creo 4 Sketcher

PetrP
14-Alexandrite

Fast exit from Creo 4 Sketcher

Salut,

comparing Creo 4 and Creo 2 sketcher "fast" exit way:

Creo 2

ESC when no section created - directly exit to model environment (great/fast/logic function)

ESC when some section created - shows prompt to exit dialog (same like to hit Cancel)

Creo 4

ESC when no section created - not working at all (why ???!??)

ESC when some section created - not working (have to hit Cancel to get exit dialog)

Is there a way (except mapkey) how to achieve the same behaviour in C4 like it was in C2 ?

When designer change his mind and want to leave C4 sketcher fast that trick from C2 is not available so C4 is slower...

3 REPLIES 3
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:PetrP)

@PetrP 

You can create a ticket for tech support to report this missing functionality. 

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:PetrP)

I am 99% sure this was intentionally removed.  I vaguely remember sitting through a presentation where one of the product managers talked about making this change but I can't find any documentation supporting it.

The help documentation for Creo Simulate still claims 'ESC' should work, but I'm guessing someone just failed to update it.

https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_sim/r6.0/usascii/#page/sim%2Fsimulate%2Fsketcher%2FAbout_Creating_Entities_in_Sketcher.html

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:TomU)

I like "Esc" getting me out of a particular FUNCTION within sketcher (i.e. creating a line), I do NOT like "Esc" getting me out of sketcher itself.  So, to me, that's good news as I don't WANT a "fast exit".

Top Tags