cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Feature Pattern of Holes and Parts

PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member

Feature Pattern of Holes and Parts

This video shows an example of a pattern of holes and parts. The pattern can be updated to change the spacing and number of items in the pattern, including adding/removing parts as necessary.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7
PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member
(To:PeterKehoe)

This is a simple example of the patterning capability. Once the pattern has been created, the Modify Pattern command can also be used to remove elements from the pattern as necessary.

Hello Peter,

Thanks, that's really interesting.

Now I have one more question.

Is it possible to change the diameter of the holes without the pattern become invalid?

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )
PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member

Yes, the diameter of the holes can be changed without invalidating the pattern. However, if the diameter of one hole is changed, it will invalidate that feature (but not the whole pattern). You can then either leave one hole different, or propogate that diameter change to all features in the pattern.

Hello Peter,

Imagine the following scenario.
You have like in you exemple your patterns with holes and rivets.
Drawn in for example diameter 4mm.
Then you will be asked to use rivets 3mm diameter.
Can you tell me how you would do that?

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )
PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member

If I understand, in the example in the video the rivets and the holes are 4mm in diameter and then need to be changed to 3mm.

Step 1-Since all of the rivets are shared parts, I would change the diameter of one using the Change Radius command; all will be updated.

Step 2-Use the Change Radius command on one of the holes in the pattern. There will be a warning that the feature has been invalidated.

Step 3-Start the Modify Feature command, select the modified hole feature, change the Type to Redefine and check the Own Pat option. This updates the diameter of all of the holes in the pattern in that part.

Step 4-Use the Change Radius command on one of the holes in the other part in the pattern.

Step 5-Start the Modify Feature command, select the hole that was just modified. Change the Type to Redefine and check the Own Pat option. This updates the diameter of all of the holes in the pattern in the other part.

Hello Peter,

thank you very much for this explanation.

Now I understand it.

"Check the Own Pat option" that I had not tried.

Best regards

Friedhelm

hello,

can anyone tell me that how to change pattern tap hole to plain hole?

example: first it is 4x tap hole .312-18 unc-2b but now i want ot change it into 4x dimater 0.375 hole size. By using creo 2.0 it is not possible. But it is possible in pro-e 4.0. please tell me how to change pattern tap holes to pattern plain holes in CREO 2.0

Top Tags