cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Features not updating in Flat pattern

Laiju-Yohannan
4-Participant

Features not updating in Flat pattern

Hi All,

i have been Creo user for quite a long time but once in a while i face some issues when it comes with flat pattern ( Just once in a while)

For example

The current version is use is Creo 6.0.2.0

There is a cut-out on my part and after i change the location of the part its not updating in the flat pattern even though in the draft its shown as a fully updated part (but if we go to the model tree and update that particular feature it will be updating in flat pattern as well but this process is quite time consuming when we deal with big assemblies)

Did anyone faced problem like this? IF yes please help me out.

Thanks in advance,

Laiju Yohannan

6 REPLIES 6

@Laiju-Yohannan 

You may try force regeneration using Model Player or share part, if possible, to review. 

Are you controlling the flat pattern state via family table? If so, have you verified the table instances??

Even if you are using a family table, if you have both the folded and the unfolded part in your drawing, I have found that even if I verify the family table, I sometime need to regenerate the active model on the drawing and then activate the other model and then regenerate in order to get the "green" dot showing that the drawing has been regenerated.

Try doing 2 regenerations at the assembly level.

Hello,

I would like to know from PTC, the correct procedure to automate and engage the parametric capabilities of creo to make this happen.

For a simple formed sheetmetal part that has a flat pattern in the family table, the initiation of a 'save' of the part should 'verify' the flat pattern instance AND UPDATE ALL THE VIEWS ON ANY DRAWING THAT USES THE FORMED AND FLAT PATTERN.  Why does the software, which touts its parametric abilities, force the user to update, regenerate and verify each time?  This is contrary to the whole point of parametric follow through.  If the user has to 'manully' tell the software to 'check it' then my question is; Why? The software should do it automatically.  Is there a configuration setting or other option to regenerate/ verify/ & update without multiple iterations of manually checking.  Manual operation of these tasks is not time saving or more accurate.  Please advise as to how to automate this process

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:GJ_CREO)

Actually, there is a very good reason to have to manually verify things in a family table.  I have some EXTREMELY large family tables of fasteners, and verifying the table each time I make a change takes minutes.  So, I can do a lot of changes to the table, save every time after a bunch of changes (so I don't lose much if it crashes) and THEN verify only at the end of editing.  I've been bit several time over the years after spending a LOT of time changing the table, intending to verify and save it all at once, of something happening and losing all the data I'd just entered.

What I don't like is the regeneration issue that has plagued Pro/E (Creo) since the beginning:  Sometimes, depending on the geometry and/or relations etc., the model requires 2 regens to actually change the model as desired.  Worse, sometimes it outwardly LOOKS correct, but isn't, and you don't see that you need to do a second regen.  This could REALLY cause issues if a STEP model was sent out for machining etc. before a second regen was done, and then the (injection molding/die-casting, etc.) run of parts could be bad in addition to possible scrapping the molds.  I'd hate to scrap $100,000 in molds like that, which could EASILY happen.  THAT kind of error, could get VERY pricey VERY quickly.  The software should ALWAYS know if a second (or 3rd) regen was needed and automatically perform it in the background.

Top Tags