cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Fill pattern issue

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Fill pattern issue

Hi all, i do not use the Fill Pattern functionality very often so don't have a great deal of experience with it. I am having difficulty with the spacing of my pattern members in the attached model. I want my pattern members to be spaced equally not just in rows but also columns. If you measure the amount of land between dots then you will see that the dots are getting further apart as they travel away from the part centreline. I know why this is happening. It is because my spacing type is projected. My 5mm spacing is being maintained in a flat plane but i want my spacing to be maintained along the curved surface on which the pattern members lie. I read in the help files (which are not very good) about mapping to the surface as opposed to projected spacing but it cannot get this to work the way i want it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This should be easy but like curve patterns it seems to have a mind of it's own.

John

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags