Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fill text

SOLVED

Fill text

I was writing a kind of sticker over a part. But no matter the font, I couldn't fill the text with any color. I tried even importing fonts, but nothing works!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Fill text

Ruben,

you can investigate my steps.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
27 REPLIES 27

try cosmetic sketch.

solid fill is available in detailing only.

Ruben,

you can create solid/surface feature using a section containing text. Then you can assign color to the surface area corresponding to text.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Martin,

Thanks, but the problem is that the text is projected in a curve surface, then I can't extrude it. I tried converting it in a curve feature, but is the same thing.Untitled.jpg

Ruben,

I guess you can

1. make a surface ofset from the target surface
  2. make extruded surface from text section which intersect the surface created in step 1.
  3. merge surfaces created in step 1. and step 2. and select the appropriate part of geometry to get surface representing the text
  4. assign color to surface created in step 3.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Use a cosmetic sketch. In the Sketch Setup dialog, go to the Properties tab, and you can set the cross-hatching to be small enough that it looks filled.

Snap04.png

If it's just for 3D rendering, offset the quilt you'll project onto by .002 or so. Change the surface color, then use the curve to trim. If it's for a dwg, then you'll have to make the curve has hatching, and then in the dwg, set the hatching so it looks solid. I would avoid using cosmetics (except for threads), they don't work as well as curves. I never use them. You can reference them or use them for anything else, and they show through the part, unlike curves.

this issue has been discussed at the technical committee meeting and it did receive a positive response by the developers,and think it will be addressed.

Why not use a decal?

If you must have it in geometry, you can project onto the surface... project back to a plane to account for distortion... and project that as an extrude to cut the face but keep both sides. Now you have surfaces/quilts with the text cut out, and you have the text surface. That should allow you to manage appearance separately.

Frank,

It's for 3D rendering. I tried your option and the curve doesn't project over the offset quilt, it projects incorrectly, so I can't trim it. On the other side, I tried to trim it using only one surface (this time the surface was projected correctly) and it works, but only for that surface, and even when it works, I have to repeat the same process 2 times for each letter (including the surface offset) all because Creo doesn't allow me trim the surface multiple chains. There are several curves and surfaces, so I couldn't fill the text.

Thanks anyway.