cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fill text

SOLVED

Re: Fill text

JLG,

I used a cosmetic sketch, and it works. But! as you can see the surface is not planar, when I tried to project the sketch over the curve surface, the XHatching fails, only the boundary lines are projected.

Thanks anyway.

Antonius,

I tried, but the projection of the curve (the one on the surface) fails when I tried to projected back to a plane, or even on a offset surface!

Thanks anyway.

Rohit,

I hope the same thing, I tried these other methods and I didn't have the desire result.

Thanks!

Martin,

It works, but the result was not the desire because the extrude feature only works for planar sections, when I tried to merge the surfaces the result was catastrophic! The reason is because the curve of the text comes from a curve formed by a Sweep Blend feature, and even with a little planar section it doesn't match right with the extrude. In other words, my sticker has to have like 15mm of thickness to be visible, so that would be a problem with the sticker shop )

Thanks anyway.

Ruben,

it is little bit difficult to understand your situation (for me ).

I have created simple model. You can investigate it.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Martin,

It's difficult for me too to understand your answer, I'm a new user and even worst, the academic version that I'm running, doesn't allow me to open that file. Hahahaha .

It is not a magic bullet, I agree, but persistence will get you what you want. Most times, it simply isn't easy.

So what about a simple decal? Decals can use transparency and you can manipulate the decal where you want it. You can even place a decal over another texture appearance.

In general, what you are doing is fairly straight forward. Again, it takes a bit of persistence and a good understanding of the limitations. ...each of which have work-arounds.

wrappedtextii.PNG

Ruben,

there two license types used by students:

• Academic license ... available on PCs at university lab
  • Student license ... intended for use on student's home PC

Creo session using Academic license is able to open files created in Creo session using Commercial license ! Do you have an access to Creo at university lab ?

Upload your file if you can, I'll take look at it.

To be able to upload a file, you have to click Use advanced editor link (top right corner of Reply window), then click Attach link (bottom right corner), browse a file and at the end click Add Reply button at the bottom of the web page.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Martin,

Unfortunately in my country there is no such thing. I'm studying this by myself using only the Student License.

I attached the file, but I'm afraid of this message:

New objects created with this educational version of Creo Parametric will not be

compatible with commercially licensed Creo Parametric software.

In case it doesn't work, I just did a Swept Blend feature using a curve trajectory and two square sections. Untitled.jpg

Thanks again.

Ruben,

you can investigate my steps.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák