Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fill text

SOLVED

Re: Fill text

Of course is a decal! But Creo doesn't have that option!

But is too representative, it's about a bike. I rather bikes without decals (in fact, I take out all the decals of my bike, the P.Street is better without it)

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for all your patience! I really appreciate that.

Look the final result.

Bike Frame.jpgBike.jpg

Oh, but Creo -does- have decals as an option

It is a rendering option.

Hahahaha you should say that before. I can't see that option. Where is it?

Um... I did Twice!

It is a rendering feature. You have textures for overall appearance; you have bumps for roughness; and you have decals for transparent fields with only specific visible information.

If you create a transparent .PNG in Photoshop elements, for instance, you can import that into the Creo image editor (rendering). You save that as a .TX4 image. You can then create an appearance using the appearance manager. It is under the second tab to access the image plastering UI.

Once you created the appearance with the texture and applied it, you can manipulate how it is applied (eye dropper and the grayed out green dot becomes available). Now you can scale, move and rotate to your heart's content.

I did it! But I had undesirables results. Problems with this:

Once you created the appearance with the texture and applied it, you can manipulate how it is applied (eye dropper and the grayed out green dot becomes available). Now you can scale, move and rotate to your heart's content.

Where is that? The eye dropper and the grayed out green dot thing.. Because, if is the one that is next to the eraser in the decal options, for some reason it doesn't become available even using .tx4 format.

What version are you running?

On Creo 2.0: Edit model appearance; select the appearance sphere you are adjusting; eye dropper upper right corner (no eraser); and select a surface the appearance is applied to. Gray dot becomes green for editing.

A little tricky but works as well as the text.

Thanks!