cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Flange problems

RV_5434567
7-Bedrock

Flange problems

Hi,

I've been having flange problems in Creo Parametric 2.0.

I've created a part where it works fine (see first pic).

When I make an other but similar part (it's just longer at the base), my flange doesn't work anymore. This happens to a copy of the original part, but also when I create a brand new part and draw it from scratch. The flange does work however when I change the angle to 85° instead of 90°.

Any ideas?

flange1.png

flange2.png

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Looks like an accuracy problem. If it's what I'm thinking, as the part gets larger, the relative accuracy makes the grittiness of the calculations larger, increasing the chances that small features fail.Try shifting to a smaller relative accuracy or to absolute accuracy.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

I might suggest reporting this in a support case.

This is highly unusual.

Looks like an accuracy problem. If it's what I'm thinking, as the part gets larger, the relative accuracy makes the grittiness of the calculations larger, increasing the chances that small features fail.Try shifting to a smaller relative accuracy or to absolute accuracy.

could you please try to modfiy the existing part by edit and put the value then regenerate? and let us know. If possible please share the file.

I've tried, but didn't help. See my reply below for how it went, and for the model.

You're way off in your attempt. I would like to upload my model, that way it will all be much clearer, but I don't know how. Never did it on this site.

Ok, thanks for the tip. I've added the part.

I've tried some more, and I've noticed I can change 748 to 1000-something. But changing it to 1100, the flange goes bust.

Also, it really needs to be 90°, not 85°. I don't know why it works with 85 and not with 90, doesn't seem very logical to me.

Did changing part accuracy help?

Robbie,

As David mentioned this is due to model accuracy only, this can be corrected by changing the relative accuracy to 0.0001 (it is working for me).

Okay, thanks everyone for all the help. It does work when accuracy is set to relative 0.0001.

I've set David Schenken's answer as correct, as he was the first to mention accuracy as a solution.

Steven (and others), when I set accuracy to absolute, a value of 0.1375175 is suggested, just as you're showing. Isn't that a lot, or am I misinterpreting this value? Does this mean a hole of i.e. Ø16 could be Ø16.138 in the cut drawing?

Top Tags