cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Flexible part creation

amitshah
1-Newbie

Flexible part creation

Hi,

I have a spring used in assemly. How to show the compressed and decompressed change in the spring to which it is assembled.

I have seen some videos in which it can be done through Flexible option.But need help how it can done.

Thanks

Amit

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8
JamesBurcham
4-Participant
(To:amitshah)

Thanks James,

But I want to know how to create a spring like that, because with normal hellical sweep you can create normal spring. Can you help me in suggesting tips on creating the locking side of the spring.

Thanks

Amit

JamesBurcham
4-Participant

Here is another link it doesnt have a lot but it does show a step by step of creating that spring. Using Creo Mechanisim

http://grabcad.com/questions/creating-a-torsion-or-tension-spring-using-creo-elements-pro-1-0

This link looks like an older version of Proe but it shows making the spring flexible.

http://www.proengineertips.com/index.php/proe-wildfire/assembly/38-tips-restricted-parameters-in-proengineer25

There are a lot of different methods for doing this. I recommend going to google and doing a search you should get a bunch of youtube videos and other tutorials if these don't help.

If you have a PTC support account you could also look through the tutorials there.

http://learningexchange.ptc.com/tutorials/search?product_id=1&search=flexible+spring

Sorry I can't give you instructions on how to do this, as I have not done much of it myself. I just remember it from my Proe training a long time ago. Hope this stuff helps and good luck.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

You can set certain things in a part like a spring with predefined flexibility, and it will prompt you at assembly. For your spring it is best if the free length is made flexible at the dimension level, because you can then just measure whatever the compressed distance will be at assembly ("By Distance", I believe) and the spring will compress to fit.

This video shows yuo how to make a spring that can change length wit a single variable. In an assembly, making the spring flexible will overwrite that height dimension.

Closed and Ground Spring - Alternative to Helical Sweep

The idea is that you have a stable way of changing a dimension and not get regen failures. Any dimension can be altered at the next level.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:TomD.inPDX)

I'd forgotten about the the video you made. Yup, What Antonius said.......

Thanks a lot friends. I got the solution and its working now.

Amit

Glad we could help.

Top Tags