cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Format parameters inherited into drawing?

ptc-2023115
1-Newbie

Format parameters inherited into drawing?

We upgraded from WF2 to Creo1. In WF2 we had created formats with many parameters and as the drawings were created the drawing file inherited the parameters and values. Using WF2 we could run ModelCHECK against the drawing for these parameters. Since the move to Creo1 created drawings use the same formats however the parameters do not move into the drawing (as a new one is created) and we are prompted for values redundantly for those used in multple locations (the past was one answer). After drawing create in Creo ModelCHECK indicates all parameters are missing.

Does any one know how to return this inherited behavior back to the drawing file?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Darryl,

you described very strange behaviour. I guess that you have tables in your format and model parameters are included in table cells. I suggest you to check whether your parts contain all requested parameters.

See attached files, I tried to create an example for you.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi Darryl...

We have the same type of parameters in our models which text in our drawings. I've tried using our models and templates (drawing templates) in Creo 1 and Creo 2. Both seem to work correctly with no added prompts. Could it be possible that you're missing some config.pro setting that was present in WF2 that's no longer present in Creo 1? What I mean is... have you made sure you're using the same configuration files?

Some companies start their drawings using a mapkey or an icon on the screen menus that runs a mapkey in the background. Were you doing this in WF2? Perhaps this mapkey or icon is missing in Creo?

There are very few reasons why you could have a problem like this... I'm not sure how to diagnose the problem remotely. Could you create a sample part and drawing template for us? Maybe if we could recreate the problem using your files, we'd have an easier time of diagnosing the problem.

Thanks!

-Brian

Thank you for the feedback but it is not as sophisticated as reading model parameters/values into the drawing. The formats own parameters example as contract_number and dwg_number. Table cells within the format show &dwg_number in the table cells.

In WF2 as we created a drawing we would answer parameter value prompts the entered values would display in the title block cells after all prompts were complete. When ModelCHECK was run aganst the drawing file we'd find the parameters in the drawing file. In WF2 we would only be prompted for dwg_number once but it would show at all multiple locations in the format and would populate continuation sheets also. We are now prompted for each location for sheet 1 but the continuation sheet does not get populated. Now in Creo1 when ModelCHECK is run after creating drawings using these un-changed formats it complains that parameters are missing from the drawing.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-2023115)

Are the parameters for which you are entering the value found in the models, or only in the drawings?

The parameters are in the format then they were inherited into the drawing while using WF2 during create new drawing.

We don't have any that read model info into the drawing (yet).

Top Tags