cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

GD&T Free State Symbol

aholguin
4-Participant

GD&T Free State Symbol

I want to add the "Free state" symbol (circle F) to my feature control frame for a surface profile but the check box is greyed out.  Why?

I'm using Creo 3.0 M060.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Since free-state is the default acceptance requirement it is usually redundant. You might try changing the geometric characteristic to Circularity, which is commonly associated with the Free State modifier, adding the Free State modifier, and then changing back to Profile. Other than that, management of Feature Control Frames within Creo has long been a problem with the software developers following their own drummer in setting various limitations they think are standards compliant.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Since free-state is the default acceptance requirement it is usually redundant. You might try changing the geometric characteristic to Circularity, which is commonly associated with the Free State modifier, adding the Free State modifier, and then changing back to Profile. Other than that, management of Feature Control Frames within Creo has long been a problem with the software developers following their own drummer in setting various limitations they think are standards compliant.

aholguin
4-Participant
(To:dschenken)

Thanks for the quick reply.  Circularity worked and so did flatness.

Top Tags