cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

GOLF - Gentleman Only, Ladies Forbidden?

VladimirPalffy
13-Aquamarine

GOLF - Gentleman Only, Ladies Forbidden?

Is Golf an Acronym for Gentleman Only, Ladies Forbidden?

... or How you can create and render GOLF BALL

Steps for reproduce:

1.) Open Creo Parametric and Create new solid model

2.) Create base Revolve feature

3.) Create Curve >> Point >> Revolve >> Pattern >> Copy Geometry and Pattern / Copy Geometry and Pattern ... etc.

... or you can find your own solutions.

... it is easy ...

4K_golf_ball.jpg

... and here is wooden golf ball for you:

4K_wooden_golf_ball.jpg

Icosahedron golf ball:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f0/Two_similar_icosahedron_golf_ball_designs.jpg

... and here is my "icosahedron golf ball"  - modeled with Creo Parametric 2.0:

golf_ball-02.png

You can try create something similar and then do not forget post here.

Vladimir

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
12 REPLIES 12

Interesting patterning, Vladimir   50mm diameter?  That's one big golf ball!

Hi Antonius - I know,but... If you want to play "BIG" game = you need a "BIG BALL"

(if you need a smaller ball - do not forget use Scale model feature | I like parametric modeling / I like Creo )

Note from Wiki: Under the rules of golf, a golf ball weighs no more than 1.620 oz (45.93 grams), has a diameter not less than 1.680 in (42.67 mm)

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Very nice Vladimir!

It is amazing how the geometry is quite illusive to get a good solid pattern on a golf ball.

I did, however get the Icosa-Dodec scalable in a part file with a proper origin for my sacred geometry collection:

ICOSA_Dodec_hybrid.JPG

Then I was able to stellate the faces by intersecting all the points to the "sphere":

ICOSA_Dodec_hybrid_II.JPG

And with this as an underlay, I was able to get a semblance of locating all the dimple according to the right image on Wiki using face offsets for an accurate projection:

240_hole_golf_ball.JPG

I am more than embarrassed, however, at the shear volume of features it required to get this far.  But the upside is the core geometry driving the shape is this 1st feature from which 4 measurement features are used to drive all the geometry.  Simply changing the diameter in relations updates everything with 2 regens.

ICOSA_Dodec_hybrid_core.JPG

Finally!  Wiki right version with hex patterns filled to meet minimum dimple count.

ICOSA_Dodec_golfball.JPG

Spherically pattern - new pattern for Spherically shape

What do you think? It is good idea for new feature in Creo? - Vote here

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

(y) all these are awesome

Great work! thank you all for sharing this!

... You can use Golf ball like Holder and Charger - Golf ball not for "GOLF"

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
CADQueen
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirPalffy)

Thumbs down for your acronym.

Thumbs up for your modeling skills.

Top Tags