cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

GTOL Datums vs. Regular datums on different layers via rules

mganzer
1-Newbie

GTOL Datums vs. Regular datums on different layers via rules

I've seen different threads on this, but no solution. I'm trying to put all unshown (non-GTOL)datums on a layer using rules (no problem) and all "show" datums (gtol datums) on a separate layer. Easy enough to do, but I want gtol layers to be removed from the regular datum layer once shown. It seems that all shown datums are datums, but not all datums are shown datums in their logic. I have a rule for the GTOL datums that grabs all "shown" datums. The regular datum layer that grabs all datums but not any items on shown gtol layer. This does not work. The datum layer will not let go of the shown gtol datums. Any ideas?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
mlocascio
4-Participant
(To:mganzer)

Mark,

Do you have any items that show up in multiple layers?

Mike L.

MarkHeinze
6-Contributor

On a "GTOL" layer, I manually add the actual GTOL datum features.
I do not know how to add these by rule.

To the general "DTM" layer, I add a rule: != in layer "GTOL"
which then excludes those GTOL items on the "GTOL" layer from the "DTM" layer.

In my layer for external copy geometry, I have unwanted elements (not features) showing up. I don't know how to solve this either.

GTOL datums are found using Shown Datum in the rules.

You can search for them and place them on a layer; since Shown Datums are also datums, you can either have the conventional datum layer rule use AND for those datums that are Not Shown or Not on the layer you are collecting shown datums on.

Sorry - you saw the Shown Datums.

The second part is to select Add New to create additional filters and then make sure to use the AND operator to select the subset:

Type = Datum

AND

TYPE != Shown Datum

EricH
4-Participant

Mark:

I segregate GD&T Datums (ex. -A-) by the following rule:

Look for: Feature

Look by: Datum Plane

Attributes: NAME, Criteria: Comparison: is equal to, Value: ? (This will find all planes [A -Z] )

I also use the "or" operator and search for Axis with the same Attributes, Critera and Look by "Axis"

The rules to select all the other datums is a little more complicated and is based on our naming convention. I search for these specific names and exclude anything with a single character to prevent the GD&T planes from showing up on both layers.

Top Tags