cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Geometry from a surface.

ruasgt
1-Newbie

Geometry from a surface.

I have a cloud of points, I create a datum curve.

Interpole this datum curve.

Create a boundary blend.

I need to revolutionize this 3D geometry, but without designing it into a sketch. Because will deform the geometry.

How can I build this geometry in Creo Parametric?

Regards,

Glecilene Ruas.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:ruasgt)

If I understand right, you have the geometry in blue on the right, a warped 3D surface, and you need to create the geometry in grey on the left, correct? Am I right in assuming the blue represents one of the 'ends' of the revolved shape in grey?

* If so, first, create planes through each of the 4 corners of the blue surface and normal to the axis.
* Then, create a sketch on each plane with a single circle. The center of the circle should be no the axis, the diameter through the corresponding point on that plane.
* Then copy the surface and do a 'paste special', rotating it around the axis 180 degrees. Make sure you keep the original quilt (on the options tab).
* Now make a boundary blend using the 4 circles in one direction and the perimeter of each surface (the original and the rotated copy).

This boundary blend should represent the revolved surface, although it may not be recognized as round by Proe/Creo.

--
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags