cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Graph controlled round

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Graph controlled round

Hi, is it possible to control the value of a round by graph feature? I have been trying to figure this out with little success. I can get the geometry i require with a sweep controlled by graph but i was trying to simplify things a little as it is only the round value that is changing. I am just trying to better understand the use of graph controlled features. A simple cube with a round running along a single edge will suffice, if anyone is willing to post an example if this is even possible.

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well, the round feature dont have any connection to the graph feature as far as i know.

However, you can do a workaround and controll your round using a graph,. Just make it "follow curve" as i previous example, where the curve is a intersect curve from a sweep (graphcontrolled that is) and the side surface. When you update your graph, the sweep will update , the intersect curve will update and finally your round will update.

//Tobias

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

maybe you can create round Through Curve ?

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin, thanks for the reply. Yes, I realize I could achieve my objective this way, in fact, I use the 'Through Curve' option a great deal. I just wanted to know if I can achieve the same use 'graph feature'.

Regards

John

Well, the round feature dont have any connection to the graph feature as far as i know.

However, you can do a workaround and controll your round using a graph,. Just make it "follow curve" as i previous example, where the curve is a intersect curve from a sweep (graphcontrolled that is) and the side surface. When you update your graph, the sweep will update , the intersect curve will update and finally your round will update.

//Tobias

Tobias Larsson wrote:

Hi Tobias, if you are correct, then you have answered my question. I know there are various workarounds, but the whole point of my post was to better understand the use of graphs & situations in which they could be used.

Thanks for your reply.

John

Top Tags