cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Graphic Disply Issue with Pattern Creo 4.0

fgallagher
4-Participant

Graphic Disply Issue with Pattern Creo 4.0

Modeling inland 4 way plate and when I pattern the raised tread on the plate, I get the issue with transparency through the plate in certain areas.  Any ideas why this is happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fgallagher
4-Participant
(To:fgallagher)

I adjusted the accuracy settings and that worked.  It was set to .0012 and I adjusted it to .005.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

This is a side effect of limited numeric precision in determining which triangles that are used to tesselate the surfaces for the graphics card are in front of others. It becomes more noticeable when very small features and very small thicknesses are on a relatively large part. You can see that the edges are given priority over the larger face.

I expect you see that it changes with part orientation.

I would replace the solid features that make the tread with datum curves as there is little visual value otherwise.

Hi,

what happen when you zoom in the model?

Tips:

• check version of graphic drivers ... it it is very old try installing current drivers
  • config.pro ... try LODS_ENABLED NO and SHADE_QUALITY 20 (default is 3?)

Martin Hanák
fgallagher
4-Participant
(To:fgallagher)

I adjusted the accuracy settings and that worked.  It was set to .0012 and I adjusted it to .005.

Top Tags