cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

HOW CAN I CREATE UNBEND SQUARE TO ELLIPSE BLEND OF THE HOPPER TYPE OF SHEETMETAL PART??

sbhattacharya-2
3-Visitor

HOW CAN I CREATE UNBEND SQUARE TO ELLIPSE BLEND OF THE HOPPER TYPE OF SHEETMETAL PART??

HOW CAN I CREATE UNBEND SQUARE TO ELLIPSE BLEND OF THE HOPPER TYPE OF SHEETMETAL PART. I TRY USING SKETCHED RIP AND EXTRUDE CUT THEN UNBEND BUT COULD NOT SUCCEEDED.I THINK UNBENDING DIFFICULT HOPPER TYPE SHAPE IN CREO SHEET METAL IS NOT POSSIBLE. THIS IS A MAJOR DRAWBACK OF CREO SHEETMETAL.

PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION. I HAVE A DIRE NEED.

9 REPLIES 9

The part must have uniform thickness and should not have any creases (unradiused bends)

Post a screenshot or some other information with the part you are working with. A hopper can be anything. If you are designing hoppers to made with a simple press brake, it must be done with specific techniques. If you are using a forming die, you will need to use other techniques.

I have made many hopper shapes, some build for simple press brake construction, some welded, some formed with a die.

Also, AVOID USING ALL CAPS IN YOUR POST, your are looking for help from people who are willing to freely give their time to help you. All caps looks like yelling or demanding and does not inspire people to help.

It's also a major mistake to directly e-mail people who don't have their e-mail address public. This pretty much guarantees "ignore forever".

ok, I didn't know the rules. Sorry for that.

Sorry Sir, Didn't know the rules.

this is the image of the part. I don't know how to attach creo professional edition part file in.prt format in the post in ptc community. Please guide me. I am uploading jpeg image format. I am trying to unbend it but cannot succeed.sheetmetalblend.jpg

That part does not appear un-bendable.  It looks like the surfaces are all complex-compound curved surfaces.

To be able to unbend geometry it must consist of ruled surfaces.

Ruled surface - Wikipedia

If that is not the case - then the other issue, most likely, is that you don't have an open seam.

Hi creo users,

I request other creo users to create ant try to unbend a square to ellipse blend in creo sheetmetal. If you get any solution please reply in this post. with creo planar, extrude, flat and flange option a part sheetmetal can be unbendable but when you use sweep or blend the sheetmetal part is unbendable.What do you think?

With regards,

Soumya Bhattacharya

The surface you are trying to create is not a candidate to be un-bent.

Similar to how you cannot un-bend a dome because it has compound curvature, your shape also has compound curvature

However, perhaps you can create a punch/die feature to create this feature.

But as-is, it is not unbendable and there is no realistic "flattening" of that type of surface.

Top Tags