cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

HOW TO MODEL A SPIRAL BEVEL GEAR IN CREO PARAMETRIC

ptc-4237095
1-Newbie

HOW TO MODEL A SPIRAL BEVEL GEAR IN CREO PARAMETRIC

Hi All,

I am having difficulty in modeling a SPIRAL BEVEL GEAR in Creo Parametric.

Can any body help me in getting any tutorial file/related video link for modeling a SPIRAL BEVEL GEAR.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Maheshwar...

I haven't seen a tutorial for a spiral bevel gear but there are several tutorials for other gear types. Creo can certainly create this geometry. As usual, the sticking point will be incorporating the correct equations to drive the gear tooth shape. Other discussion threads on Planet PTC Community have attempted to address this issue. Those threads are HERE and HERE. That second thread was pretty recent.

One of the great links provided by our members was from Burt Land. This tutorial provides some older instructions for creating a spiral bevel gear. Hopefully they can be of some use to you.

http://www.box.com/shared/ahhcczagcg/1/18358334

Please keep us updated on your progress. Write back if you get stuck on the tutorial... it was written for an older version of Pro/ENGINEER (which has since been renamed Creo).

Thanks!

-Brian

thanks BRIAN.

i am downloading the files. and it will be halp full to me .

malik salman

First Thanks this information. I want ask a question. There is a PDF file "bevel gears in proe".

in page 2 about setup template parametric have a "number_of_teeth_mg = 20"

What is mean??

someone can help me?

Top Tags