cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

HOW TO "FREZEE" A MODEL WHEN FINISHED

esanemeteriomor
1-Newbie

HOW TO "FREZEE" A MODEL WHEN FINISHED

WHEN A MODEL (A PART) IS COMPLETE, AND YOU WANT TO MANTAIN IT AS NOT "EDITABLE" ANY MORE, SO NEITHER BY ACCIDENT OR MISTAKE IS IT POSSIBLE TO MADE CHANGES.

WHAT DO YOU DO??

IS ANY COMMAND FOR THIS?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

If it's in Windchill or Intralink, you can either put it in a cabinet that prevents editing, or change the state (Released).  If not, you can make all the features read-only, but that can easily be undone and will not prevent layer or parameter changes.

Look at the "Collapse Geometry" command under "editing" on the "model" tab.

Some info on it here:

Where is the command of "Collapse Geometry" in Creo 1.0?

However, I cannot get the menu item to activate, perhaps there's a specific license required to use it?  I tried our Advanced XE & Enterprise SE seats in Creo 2 with no luck.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Hi Doug,

I don't think we need any license for Collapse.

Hi,

in CR2 you have to you specific procedure to create collapse feature. See https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS59684

MH

Martin Hanák

That was the problem, thanks for sharing that.  Not exactly intuitive, I'm glad the simplified in Creo 3.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:dgschaefer)

I believe that's only available when redefining imported geometry, under the IDD menu.

Hello,

"Read only" under "Operations" on the "Model" tab can maybe help you.

But take care,In Creo 2 you won't see any changes in the model tree..

Top Tags