cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Hardware library

JamesBurcham
4-Participant

Hardware library

Does anyone know of a public hardware library(bolts, nuts, screw, ect...) that I can download. Of if someone has a library they are willing to share that would work too.

6 REPLIES 6

There is a number of libraries available on the PTC Software Download page

They are located under Release Wildfire > Wildfire Library Databases ...

I think the one you are looking for is the Basic library

Thanks, that seems to have all the hardware I could want. Do I have manually place all the files in Windchill?

I just did a quick test(Intralink 9.1) and looks like you should be able to import multiple files into a workspace. Seems to be quite straight forward.

I looked at doing that, but I don't understand the names of the creo files, so I don't want to import them into my system yet. The models of bolts, washers, ect. all look like what I want, I just don't know how I am supposed to know what they are. I was hoping for something very simple, Ex. 1/4"x2 hex bolt, or #10 mach screw. Below is an image of a hex bolt Creo name "HS00604" that name means nothing to me so I'm wondering how I'm supposed to find what I'm looking for in this basic library.

hex+bolt.png

Attached find the pdf with the naming conventions. This library is very old, you may find it easier to create your own using family tables.

This PDF is great, thanks. I was hoping to avoid making my own, I also don't really want to go through and rename all these parts to something that makes sense. So for now I'm going to keep looking for a more functional library.

Top Tags