cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Heat shrink tube over cable strands

hhagedorn
6-Contributor

Heat shrink tube over cable strands

Hey Folks, can someone tell me how you would construct a heat shrink tubing over these cable strands?

I have tried this with a Sweep Feature with multiple guide curves, but somehow the result is not very good.

Is there any help?

Thanks in advance

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Use a Swept Blend instead. Sweep is too limited for this type of stuff.

Also, Do you want the wires to restrict the heat shrink or do you want the heat shrink to "gather" the wires? (I.E. how it will actually happen in real life)

Here is a quick swept blend. It needs one more section along the wires somewhere to make it look correct. But you need to settle on the wire locations and shape first.

hhagedorn
6-Contributor
(To:hhagedorn)

Hello Dean Long,

First of all thanks for your answer.

Such, or so similar solutions, we had already tried.

However, we find that the effort is very high, compared to that of the heat shrink tubing is only a cosmetic display in the model.

And the real cables are clearly more complex in their form and presentation

This means that the effort to produce the heat-shrinkable tube yet becomes more complex.

Perhaps even more opinions and suggestions?

Top Tags