cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Help creating a graph from an evaluation

ptc-146081
1-Newbie

Help creating a graph from an evaluation

Hi folks

I'm hoping someone can help me find a way to create a graph from a flexible evaluation feature. Let me explain a bit more.

I have an evaluation feature that is built by moving a point along a curve. I need to be able to create a graph that shows the value of the point on one axis and the value of the evaluation on the other. It seems easy, but I've run out of ideas on the actual implementation.

Any of you smart people have an idea?

Troy Ashby

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi Troy,
I'm not at my work computer so can't give you exact instructions but here is what to do:

1) Draw a "graph" feature with the start of the graph marked by placing a sketch coordinate system. The length of the graph X axis should be 1 unit.
2) Draw you spine curve.
3) Create a variable section sweep along your spine. Draw your section and pick the dimension you want to follow the graph. Create a relation for this dimension such as (might have some typos so look up help): sd1 = evalgraph("graphname",trajpar). Trajpar is a parameter that equals zero at the start of the variable section sweep spine and equals 1 at the end. This is why I recommend you make the x axis of the graph 1 unit. You can also make the x axis longer but then you need to have an equation to make the trajpar variable larger (e.g. sd1 = evalgraph("graphname",trajpar*3) ).

You can also use trajpar in equations which may be easier if you can express your graph as an equation (e.g. sd2 = 23*trajpar^2 + 3.4).

Good luck!
--
Mark von Huben

-----Troy Ashby <t_ashby@msn.com> wrote: -----
Top Tags